Claims handling may take up a considerable part of your resources, even though it’s not necessarily your core business. There are multiple strategic reasons to decide to outsource claims handling on a more permanent basis. Ranging from ever increasing complexity in terms of legislation, high-volume claims for which you would have to dramatically increase your staff capacity or the effective management of run-off portfolios. Van Ameyde Marine’s global network offers customised solutions for all your outsourcing needs.
Clients who wish to enhance their claims capability can rely upon our global claims team and their partner network for assistance. Whether a single claim, class of claim or entire portfolios, we can provide a solution to your needs. A cross section of outsourced assignments in which we have provided solutions and undertaken the assignments include:
- Declarations and claims under a charterers’ liability policy involving 500+ declarations per year for one of the World’s largest commodity traders and their insurers in respect of damage to cargo and hull.
- Appointed by a Lloyd’s Underwriter to act as first point of contact in emergency situations and provide immediate advice from a practical and legal point of view including choice of salvor and terms of salvage contract, retention of fire experts and metallurgists, port of refuge, media response, criminal aspects, pollution response, crew welfare and retention of evidence.
- Dealing with the outstanding claims of a large European insurer to include technical and legal aspects of a large portfolio of claims in London and Singapore.
- Appointed as the claims department of a fixed premium P&I underwriting agency writing business on behalf of a Lloyd’s Syndicate. We handle the claims from cradle to grave, including receipt of notification of the claim on a 24/365 basis, appointment of surveyors, provision of security, collation of documents, claims handling and settlement and surrogated recovery or defence.
- Appointed as the claims responder and overseeing major claims for a Lloyd’s Broker (wholesale) and its clients, providing a 24/365 service.
- Our partner was retained to advise on large volume claims for a major liner operator and their International Group P&I Club. Based in Asia, our specialised Container Claims Handling Unit investigated preliminary damage reports and instructs surveyors as necessary, as well as handling all ensuing claims. Through centralising the claims process and taking a view on whether a survey is necessary, our involvement reduced costs for the container line and its Club by at least 75% of historical costs.
Outsourcing: free up resources
Your reasons for contemplating outsourcing may be as varied as our examples. But the outcome is the same: you’ll be able to free up your resources for your core business. Your interests are safe in the hands of global marine claims experts who, also thanks to their unrivalled IT support, deal with your claims effectively and efficiently. Securing compliance, customer satisfaction and considerable cost reductions. And so your continued success story.
Areas of claims handling expertise
- P & I
- Bunker quantity and quality disputes
- H & M
- Energy Claims
- Transport Liability
- Claims purchase
- General Average
- Building and repair contracts
- Ship management contracts and disputes
- Debt collection
- Collision, total loss, salvage, and cargo damage.
- Unsafe port
- Charter party disputes
- FDD Sale and purchase disputes
- Personal injury
Marine claims handling News
We believe in sharing our vast knowledge and expertise with our clients and colleagues all over the world. So why not get the latest news and insights from Van Ameyde Marine.